GREAT NEWS!!! Scammers beware!! You WILL be caught!!
A 55 year old man man from SOUTHPORT, has been charged with laundering $950,000 in a cold call investment fraud network here on the Gold Coast. Five other people have already been charged over the operation which defrauded victims of more than $2.7 million.
As some time or another most of us have been targeted by these cold calling scams. It this happens to you please report it asap; See details further below
How to Report Scams:
Report these kinds of scams to Scamwatch
- fake competitions and prizes
- investment or get-rich-quick schemes, like sports betting
- inheritance or financial windfall scams
- up-front payments scams, like false billing or cheque overpayment scams
- dating and romance scams.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission use the reports made to Scamwatch to monitor marketplace trends and educate consumers about avoiding scams.